Confirming the Faith: Christian Living
This is what it all comes down to, a meaningful “special” life. It is your life. An important question surfaces, “what do you want out of it?”
Many years ago a group of us started a program to help young people get off the street. Drugs, alcohol, outstanding criminal charges, dysfunctional home lives, negative juvenile histories all went to create a life with tragic ups and downs.
It has been a part of my agenda in this confirmation program to share with you about Christian understandings. My hope is that this study has led you to a deeper understanding of Christianity. It is not just about calling yourself a Christian, it is about actually following Jesus Christ.
A friend once asked the question, “what if you and a group of people decided to change the world?” In essence this is what happened for Jesus. If you could hope for something so significant that it could make your life very special then what would you hope for?
1. Describe to the best of your ability what you believe needs to be done to make your world a better place to live.
2. From the previous lessons make a list of words that have taken on a special meaning to you. These words should describe in some way values and activities of those who want to be God’s people.
3. Make a list of the tools that you have discovered in your confirmation program that will add significance to the rest of your life.
4. Write a paragraph about what it means to be a Christian.
5. Write a paragraph about what you think justice is.
6. Write a paragraph about what you have learned concerning volunteerism.
7. Write a paragraph about what your partnering experiences have meant to you.
8. Write a paragraph about what it means to make a plan and carry through on your plan.
9. Write a letter to God about what you hope to accomplish in your life and what steps you will need to take to achieve this desire.
Congratulations on your completion of this work. May you know Jesus Christ and may He enrich your life as you seek to make this world a better place to be.